Thursday, February 18, 2016

More Knitting



I suppose one can call me the sock lady in the neighborhood. I just seem to keep knitting more and more of them. Although this yarn has been a bit challenging.


I decided to just knit a sock on my own and it worked out really well, especially after I learned a bit more about how it works... I have been using sock weight yarn and decided to use what I had here at the house. This is Bernat yarn DK weight which I love so much more than Red Heart. I am not a fan of their yarn by all means. Bernat or Paton is my go to locally and online it's Cascades and more upscale yarns depending on what I am making. I am so proud of myself as one of my goals this year was to learn more about knitting. I am learning a ton, tricks and tips, ways to figure making my own patterns. Like this sock I learned with this DK weight Bernat Yarn on size 2 needles I knit 6.5 stitches per inch. I took it down to 6 as I tend to knit a bit loose. With my daughters ankle measurement being 8 inches in circumference I simply multiplied the number of stitches I knit which was 6... by the size of my daughters ankle which is 8. That means I would cast on 48 stitches it worked out perfect and the best thing I like about making socks is the heel...I just love it and the fact my daughter now has socks that fit perfectly. What was the challenging part it takes more time for me working with DK yarn instead of sock yarn to make a set of socks. But for me it's worth it.
Being a photographer of children at one time in my life one would think I would take more interesting photo's to display my work. I tell ya people it is often exhausting to put it all together just so the photo looks appealing. I'm not about the shot anymore I am all about the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment