Friday, April 1, 2016

Sock Saga Continues....


Good morning, it's so much like spring right now it's hard to believe I am knitting socks, and, still smitten with them. Although spring has the grass green and trees sprouting leaves, in just a day, it will get cold and dreary. Mother Nature in the Spring and Fall is so fickle. Making it perfect to keep knitting along, so this gal is not complaining, by any means.


Actually these are more like footie socks which I have really grown to love, especially how they fit. They are so easy to knit, I did these while watching a night of "Love Comes Softly Series" by Michael Landon Jr. The series are heartfelt all set in the 19th century based on a series of books by Janette Oke.  I just fall in love every time I watch them, they lift the spirit, and settle the soul. I learn something new with every viewing that keeps me watching even more...the clothes, the simple life...and struggles of their own. A time when hand quilting, working yarn, cooking over the fireplace a true handmade meal with a simple place setting. I adore the warmth of heart in these kinds of films.


So the socks were knitted top down a totally different design, which I need to locate, so I can direct you to the pattern.  These are done using Paton's Kroy Sock Yarn and it is a dream to work with on the needles. The colors are amazing, some solids and others that are multi colored, in a variety of combinations. The pricing is well within my range and that's not bad at all. These are for my daughter and will be mailed and on there way as soon as I knit a couple more of them. The socks are lying on a baby blanket I've been crocheting, yes, I picked up the hook and really not liking it much at all. I am working a simple blanket in worsted weight left over yarns, cream color, will be adding a bit of silver blue. The stitch is a simple combination of single and double crochet. I will continue on until it's completed and speaking of completing. I have keep my vow to finish a project before going on to a new one. Yippy! 

Enjoy your day and keep on using those needles and hooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment